JULY 21 – 26, 2020
All the information below pertains to the previous camp, so while it may be slightly outdated for just a few days, it still gives you a good idea of what to expect until we can update this website with next year’s details. Stay tuned!
You can mail in this registration form to mail with a check or money order.
You can also register with a credit card by phone: 320-963-6277 (between 9am and 5pm CT Monday – Friday)
CHOOSE A PACKAGE:
Commuter Package (Education, Food)
- $650.00 until Nov 30; $750.00 until March 31; $900.00 until July 16.
Complete Package (ALL-INCLUSIVE: Education, Food, Lodging)
- $850.00 until Nov 30; $950.00 until March 31; 1100.00 until July 16.
VIP Package (ALL-INCLUSIVE: Education, Food, Lodging, Extra Perks)
- $1000.00 until Nov 30; $1100.00 until March 31; $12500.00 until July 16.
Day Pass (Education)
- $75.00 for 1 Workshop on Wednesday July 22, 2020
- $125.00 for 2 Workshops on Thursday July 23, 2020
- $75.00 for 1 Workshops on Friday July 24, 2020
- $275.00 for 4 Workshops during all three days
Round-Trip Airport Shuttle = $65.00
Refund Insurance Fee = $40.00
Monthly Payment Plan Fee = $30.00
Private Room = $300.00
Beginner Makeup Kit = $48.00
Face Paint Kit = $48.00
Surprise Design T-Shirt = $25.00
“What do I get for my money?”
Double occupancy hotel-like room with private bath and air conditioning. We will randomly assign you a roommate of the same gender, unless you inform us with whom you wish to room.
Along with the three square meals each day, there are free unlimited muffins, cookies, and fresh fruit to snack on throughout the day, and 24-hour free beverage service (coffee, tea, juice, water), plus a coin-operated soda pop machine. Over the years, we’ve heard all sorts of good things from the campers (and we agree!) about the yummy food served family-style in the King’s House dining room — You are in for a treat!
- For vegetarians and vegans, the kitchen staff tries to have enough variety at each meal in order for you to have your fill, but these “variety” items may be created by simply omitting the a la carte meat (i.e. sandwiches, pasta). However, if the entrée is impossible to cook without adding meat before serving (i.e. stew, pizza), they will offer a meat-free option in the kitchen.
- If you have special dietary needs which we cannot fulfill, you of course have the option of bringing your own food/snacks to camp. We regret to inform you that we cannot provide a discounted registration if you bring your own food, for the retreat facility has the meals built into the package and they cannot give us a discount. There is an entire kitchen area, complete with refrigerator, stove, microwave, and sink, reserved just for you to use in the Joseph Hall – please have your food and items labeled with your name.
P.E.P. stands for Personal Education Plan and is a FREE service we are providing for Moose Campers. This is a Mooseburger Exclusive – you can’t get PEP anywhere else! Everyone who registers for Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp gets a phone consultation with Tricia Manuel (a.k.a. “Pricilla Mooseburger”). She will discuss your clowning goals and ask questions to find out how you can make the most of your Mooseburger experience. During your phone consultation, you will be provided with a list of recommended courses, workshops, and labs to get you on the right track.
PEP takes all the guess-work out of your education and ensures that every hour at Moose Camp will be well spent; you will get the training you want and need. Of course, you are not limited to taking only the course and workshops Pricilla recommends; you can create your own curriculum if you like. But our experience will be your best guide for making your training profitable, fun, and useful!
This is another item you can only get this from Mooseburger’s, and it is only given to registered campers. Brand-new campers will get the complete file, while returning alumni will get the updated addendum file for this year. We will email you the PDF files.
We recommend that you print out the first section because those “Red Nose Goal” Worksheets are a great way to begin your education early and get excited about Moose Camp! Other sections of the workbook do not need to be printed off, simply read at your leisure.
The file includes inspiring anecdotes from the staff, a resource list for clown supplies and organizations, character worksheets, an annual timeline and check-lists for your clowning career, ideas for improving your act, and tons of useful information. Over three decades of experience has gone into this workbook, so you’ll want to hang onto it for a long time!
Main Intensive Course; Afternoon Workshops; Jams and Labs (in magic, juggling, balloons, etc.); All your coaching and performance in the All Star Clown Show; and more tips and advice than you’ll ever use in your lifetime. Click to [ddownload id=”911″ text=”DOWNLOAD” style=”link”] the schedule to see how each hour is jam-packed!
New Prop Shop, Makeup Lab Room, Clown Dealers Room, Staff Show, Morning Round Table Discussions with Staff, Ralph Pounder Memorial Scholarship Auction, Fireside Chats with Staff, Kazoo Band Demo, Clown Game Show, Late Night events, All American Clown Pie Fight, Evening with Pricilla Mooseburger, Open Mic Night, Patio Party.
Graduation Certificate suitable for framing, Red Nose Pin (for Alumni), Iron-on Moose Camp Patch (for new Campers), Souvenir Water Bottle, other free goodies, and more self-confidence than you can shake a rubber chicken at, not to mention one extraordinary life-changing experience!
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Must be at least 17 years old to attend. Each Package is priced per person. NON-REFUNDABLE $200.00 deposit holds spot. Balance must be paid by May 1st. Registrations placed after May 1st 2020 must be paid in full at the time of registration. No registrations are taken after July 16, 2020. Future discounts and scholarships cannot be applied retroactively for a refund. Refund Insurance can be added only at the time of registration; it guarantees a 75% refund of your down-payments toward the Package price only (does not include deposit nor add-ons) if you cancel by May 1st. There are NO REFUNDS after May 1st, 2020. The Payment Plan entails equal amounts charged to your credit card monthly on the 2nd week of the month until May, 2020. There is a penalty fee of $10.00 for each month your card is declined; your amount will be recalculated before the next due date. No animals are allowed onsite.
Register For Mooseburger Clown Camp Now!
- Online – Click here to pay by credit card
- Phone – Call 320-963-6277 to pay by credit card
- Mail – Click below to download a PDF Registration form to mail with a check or money order to: Mooseburger Camp, P. O. Box 700, Maple Lake MN 55358
Carrier Pigeon– Sorry, this method is out of service…
WHEW! A whole week of learning, sharing, and performing — an experience like no other! Not only do we give you skills to become a clown, but you also receive the CONFIDENCE to go out there and do it. Moose Camp is perfectly formulated for the brand-new clown and for the seasoned veteran as well. We have a great Clowning 101 course for the new Joeys and lots of ways for the more experienced clown to really hone their skills (or learn new ones)! Your whole week’s training culminates in the big show at the end: the All Star Clown Show…starring YOU! You’ll be performing classic routines — straight from the circus! Directed by entertainment professionals and former Ringling Circus clowns, you have never been part of something like this before.
Not sure you can commit to all 6 days? Check out our “DAY PASS” options!
Click to download the schedule to see how each hour is jam-packed!