How to Cut Ear Holes in a Skull Cap or Hood for Clowns
1. Put skull cap on, smooth it out, make sure it is even. Pull skull cap below your ear lobe.
2. Draw a straight line from top to bottom where your ear is attached to your head.
3. With a sharp scissors, cut a slit. Do NOT cut a hole.
4. Slide ear through the slit.
5. Keep cutting a little at a time until it is just right.
6. Don’t make it too big! Knit will expand and stretch more than what you’ve cut.
7. Seal the edges with a simple whip-stitch and a dab of Fray Check by Dritz.
We made a “how to” video tutorial with Pricilla, Julia, and Fazo!
Now you can make your own bald wigs!
- Buy a Mooseburger skull cap or hood, cut up a wig, and sew or snap it on.
Be creative and have fun with your character’s hair.
We’re just a phone call or email away. Contact us with any clown related questions:
email@example.com or 320-963-6277
Helpful “how-to” makeup clown education articles:
- How to properly powder with a puff
- 4 steps to washing brushes
- When it is time to throw away or replace your makeup
- What’s best? Powder sock VS. powder puff
- How to wash off your makeup properly
- How to set greasepaint with a powder puff and setting powder
- 5 ways to keep your clown face fresh in the heat
- Makeup tip: Pat your eyes again before powdering
- What’s the difference between Clown White and Clown White Lite?
- Don’t let your clown nose glue freeze!
- How to design a Christmas elf face makeup
- 5 things you need to do before the year ends
- How do you keep track of your clown supplies?
- 10 Clown “must have” items
- Forget a clown nose? Make an instant nose tip in 10 seconds!
- Quick reminders on how to spruce up your clown supplies
- It’s time to clean and organize your makeup kit
Mooseburger Clown Arts Education has been running one of the world’s most well-rounded clown schools since 1996. Performers from all over the globe travel to Minnesota each summer for a fun and intensive clown training program. Each aspect of our clown camp is designed to meet your needs and boost your confidence as an entertainer.
Whether you want to join the circus, visit nursing homes, run your own birthday party business, paint faces, or twist balloons, there is something just for you at Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp.
Or call me toll-free to discuss your education and see if Mooseburger is the right fit for you: 800-973-6277
Liked what you saw here? Sign up for a free subscription to Mooseburger Newz by email: