My socks are too heavy!
I have heard clowns say that the traditional striped clown sock is too heavy and make their clown shoes fit too tightly. Or, that their toe or heel have worn through but the rest of the sock is still nice and stretchy.
MAKE SOCK EXTENDERS!
This method takes the bulk out of your shoe, but still gives you the look of a striped clown sock.
You need –
- Pair of traditional striped clown socks (like these)
- Pair of cotton anklets
- Serger or Overlock Sewing Machine
- 12″ Elastic (optional)
For a very cute girly look, wear a pair of lacey ruffled anklets over your new leg warmers or try double layering them if you have the room in your shoe.
Since this works for your legs, how about trying it for your arms?? That’s right, make your own sleeve extenders! Many clowns are looking for new ways to beat the heat and make costumes more versatile all year round. Use this same method to turn a pair of clown socks into a pair of clown sleeves!
Look your funniest and best with these clown costume articles:
- How to turn a boring t-shirt into a clown shirt!
- Do you NEED a new costume, or just WANT one?
- Take a closer look at clown collars
- 4 Reasons NOT to wear your clown costume!
- How tough are your clown pants?
- Take a closer look at clown t-shirts
- What is a “plain clothes clown”? Why should you try it?
- How to style your clown wig into braids
- Washing & styling tips for the professional Santa Claus-for-Hire
- How to take care of your clown shoes
- Why is fabric content important for your clown suit?
- How to do a “pants drop” and properly wear suspenders