Wow! We really did it! Another week of Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp is on the books.
So much planning, praying, worrying, laughing, sharing, and learning. I am not sure how I have survived the last 23 three years!
But seriously it comes down to setting a goal, writing it down, and following it through. Luckily I have lots of help.
There are tons of free information out there on goal setting. The most popular is SMART goals. This follows a simple formula for success that goals need to be SMART:
Google “SMART Goals” and find a great deal of useful information as well as free templates!
Is a SMART goal really for clowns?
You might be asking yourself: “Isn’t that just for businesses and students and athletes?”
No. Clowns need to set goals too. It helps us become better performers.
It’s not a goal unless you write it down; otherwise it is just a dream. I suggest it is better to have small achievable goals than one big dream.
You say: “I want to have a great 45 minute show with music, and props, and backdrop, and promo material.”
Great idea! But … you work full time and are married with 3 kids in the house … While your goal is certainly worthwhile and achievable you might have to ask yourself, at what cost to your family life?
So let’s take this goal setting step by step:
- Write down all the routines you already have ready to go into a show.
- What props do you have and what will you need to purchase or build. Research cost.
- Price out backdrops and sound equipment.
- Work on a marketing plan.
- Discuss it with your family to determine how they can help you achieve the goal.
One of the things a lot of people miss is telling someone else their goal so they have a person to be accountable to. That is the stickiest part: accountability! Get someone onboard who wants to check in with you, ask you how it is going. That is the most important step to reaching a goal. Have you ever wondered why it’s necessary to have trainers, coaches, and directors! We need that personal push.
Here are some other worthwhile goals you might want to consider:
- Perform in a certain number of events for your community or clown club a year.
- Create a new character more fitting to your life now.
- Organize all your toys: magic, props balloons costume stuff,
- Clean your make-up kit. Get rid of old stuff.
- Order or make a new costume.
- Save the money to go to Mooseburger Camp or a convention.
- Learn one new routine: magic, puppet, song, crazy bit, etc.
- Put together a holiday character or show.
- Learn a new skill like face painting or balloons.
- Write a new routine, or learn a new skit for your club.
Goals for Clown Alleys
If you belong to a clown club you might want to have a goal setting session for your club. Just take ten minutes. Pass out some paper. Have clowns in the group write down some ideas for goals for themselves and for the club. Share them. Put it on the agenda to check in once a month to see how you are doing. It may be just the push you need to achieve a fun new goal!
Do you need help? Remember I am here to help you be the best clown you can be. Schedule time to chat with me about your clown goals at https://pmo.youcanbook.me
In the meantime I will be finishing the Moose Camp schedule for 2019. The Clown Summit will be exciting for everyone. We are coming up with new ways to share all the solutions to preserving, promoting, and protecting the art of clowning for generations to come! Stay tuned.
Oh and be sure to fill out the 5-questions survey to give us your best ideas!
Mooseburger Clown Arts Education has been running one of the world’s most well-rounded clown schools since 1996. Performers from all over the globe travel to Minnesota each summer for a fun and intensive clown training program. Each aspect of our clown camp is designed to meet your needs and boost your confidence as an entertainer.
Whether you want to join the circus, visit nursing homes, run your own birthday party business, paint faces, or twist balloons, there is something just for you at Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp.
Or call me toll-free to discuss your education and see if Mooseburger is the right fit for you: 800-973-6277
Liked what you saw here? Sign up for a free subscription to Mooseburger Newz by email: