Well, with Mooseburger Clown Camp 2016 done and in the books, I have time to reflect on the week and savor all the little moments which make up the biggest week of my calendar.
If you have a big event coming up, try these little tricks to help you make it through and keep your smile a genuine one!
Surviving Big Events
(like birthday parties, grand openings, carnivals, etc)
- Be prepared.
- If that means check lists, notes, or extra rehearsals — it is worth it.
- Don’t leave anything until the last minute. “Shoot! Where is my nose glue??”
- Hydration and nutrition.
- Drink plenty of water days in advance.
- Keep high-quality protein bars handy for a quick energy boost. You can’t clown when your tank is empty.
- Try to relax.
- Take time to breathe, to enjoy the event for what it is, and to appreciate the people involved.
- So the weather isn’t perfect? The performance area is half of what you expected? Someone forgot a line? A wig flipped off?
- You are a clown; this is supposed to be fun!
- At the end of it all: celebrate the joy of being a clown! …Few people are as lucky as we are.
…And if none of this advice helps you reboot after an event, maybe you need to recharge your clown batteries?
Come to Moose Camp next summer!
We all have bad days…sometimes it’s just a bad 5 minutes. But how we deal with those “Oops” moments is what matters.
Well, I have a series of articles designed to help you prevent making mistakes.
Sounds like a fairly big claim, right?
If you want to avoid making a decision you regret, please take a moment to read 10 CHOICES YOU’LL REGRET.
I chopped it up into bite-size pieces for you:
Liked what you saw here? Sign up for a free subscription to Mooseburger Newz by email:
Mooseburger Clown Arts Education has been running one of the world’s most well-rounded clown schools since 1996. Performers from all over the globe travel to Minnesota each summer for a fun and intensive clown training program. Each aspect of our clown camp is designed to meet your needs and boost your confidence as an entertainer.
Whether you want to join the circus, visit nursing homes, run your own birthday party business, paint faces, or twist balloons, there is something just for you at Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp.
Or call me toll-free to discuss your education and see if Mooseburger is the right fit for you: 800-973-6277