Practical ideas for t-shirts
Everyone is watching their budget. A complete new clown costume may not be on your radar.
Or are you a new clown, just getting started? You may not be ready to invest in an entire outfit, but…you still want to look nice, right?
Dressed to a “T”
There is no doubt a new costume helps you “feel” the part of a real clown!
If all you have to begin your clowning career is a simple long-sleeved tee, here are some ideas that will help dress it up.
HINT: If you are usually dressed to the nines in a suit coat or tuxedo, you’ll be happy know that you can use these ideas to still look professional without the added heat when you are performing in the summer months. The result lets you shed that bulk without losing your polished appearance.
Accessorize! Accessorize! Accessorize!
First, you start out with a basic long sleeve t-shirt. I like stripes, but it can be a solid color if you like. They are easy to come by at local stores this time of year.
…(or you can get one from my clown costume store: Pricilla Mooseburger Originals)
- Add a collar and tie. It is just that simple! Sizing is important. It shouldn’t be tight around your neck. Think of how you will be looking down at children. Furthermore, a tight-fitting collar will rub on your neck getting make-up on it. You can attach either a bow tie or a long necktie.
- Or a add bib and tie. This is one step closer to a full blown costume. It can dress up a number of different outfits besides a basic t-shirt. We have put these on top of classic jumpsuits as well to give them a different look.
- Add a pair of cuffs. This is a great way to dress up any shirt whether it is a store bought dress shirt, or long sleeve t-shirt.
- Ready for the next step up? Wear a short-sleeve dress shirt or blouse on top of the t-shirt for the cooler weather. Snap a bow-tie onto the collar. One step further: Add cuffs to the wrists of the t-shirt.
As you can see, there are lots of possibilities!
Step-by-step clown t-shirt examples:
Step #2: Instead of a Collar, add a Bib. Attach a Bow Tie.
Step #3: Next, add a pair of clown Cuffs.
Step #4: Keep the Cuffs, but replace the Collar or Bib with a short-sleeve Shirt.
More Clown T-Shirt Examples!
Sometimes all you need are just a few new items to freshen up your look.
Go with contrasting colors to get more bang for your buck!
Finally, take a look at these clown outfits utilizing a t-shirt and simple additions of accessories:
Need some help deciding what would look best? I am always here to help!
Why not send a picture of yourself in your clown costume and get a free consultation?
I am happy to help — you are not obligated to take my stellar advice! LOL
Email a photo to email@example.com with the subject “Mooseburger Make-Over”, and I will give you a list of ideas of how to spruce up your existing ensemble.
More Clown Costume Posts:
- Do you NEED a new costume, or just WANT one?
- Take a closer look at clown collars
- 4 Reasons NOT to wear your clown costume!
- How tough are your clown pants?
- Take a close look at clown t-shirts
- Costume checklist for your clown closet
- What is a “plain clothes clown”? Why should you try it?
- How to style your clown wig into braids
- Washing & styling tips for the professional Santa Claus-for-Hire
- How to take care of your clown shoes
- Why is fabric content important for your clown suit?
- How to do a “pants drop” and properly wear suspenders
Liked what you saw here? Sign up for a free subscription to Mooseburger Newz by email:
Mooseburger Clown Arts Education has been running one of the world’s most well-rounded clown schools since 1996. Performers from all over the globe travel to Minnesota each summer for a fun and intensive clown training program. Each aspect of our clown camp is designed to meet your needs and boost your confidence as an entertainer.
Whether you want to join the circus, visit nursing homes, run your own birthday party business, paint faces, or twist balloons, there is something just for you at Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp.
Or call me toll-free to discuss your education and see if Mooseburger is the right fit for you: 800-973-6277