The New Year is right around the corner. No amount of procrastinating, wishing, or worrying will slow down the clock!
5 things you can do right now to be prepared for the new year:
- TAXES: If you clown for a living you need to start to get your tax information in order. Schedule a pre-tax appointment with your accountant to ensure you are ready for the upcoming filings. You may want to make some purchases for this year’s deductions. This could be the time to purchase costumes, props and supplies and deduct now! Not sure exactly what to get, but know you want to deduct it? Ask for a gift certificate! I have very clever customers *wink, wink* who do this every year to use up funds before the tax year is over. They use their holiday performance money to “‘bank” towards a new costume they will actually order in January. Smart, eh?
- SUPPLIES: Go through all your clown “stuff” make sure you are ready for the Holiday season. Do you have enough red, green, brown, and white balloons? Don’t wait to find out your supplier is out of the balloons you need to make your signature Rudolph balloon hat! Stock up now or regret it later. CLICK HERE for more help in this area.
- BOOKINGS: Call your clients. Do your bookings look slim? Pull out last year’s calendar and make a friendly reminder call. You never know if the person you dealt with last year has moved on, been replaced, or just plain forgot! Our experience with this is that folks are generally thrilled to get the call book the event and cross it off their busy to do list. They won’t feel like you are pestering them or begging for a gig, they will thank you for reminding them. CLICK HERE to read more about booking holiday gigs.
- RECHARGE: Plan your year’s education. The best way to get burned out is to keep you nose to the grindstone. Successful performers remember to feed themselves; they invest in their own education. You deserve a chance to recharge your creative battery. Don’t make the excuse that you are too busy to do this. It is very important! Research conventions and conferences and find something that will help you be the best clown you can be. May we suggest Mooseburger Clown Camp? Why, we even have $350 scholarships to award…
- SET GOALS: Make a wish list. Ideas just floating around are dreams. BUT — once you write it down, it has a better chance to become a goal. NOW is the time to set new goals, come up with new business ideas, think up new skits or props. What can you do that is NEW? CLICK HERE for do-it-yourself promotion ideas!
Sound off! How do you stay on top of things when your calendar fills up? How do you make plans and reach goals in your clowning?
Post a comment below or post it to our Mooseburger Clown Arts Education Facebook Page
Be prepared! Read more clown business-building blog posts:
- Non-Clown Theme Parties
- Booking Gigs for the Holidays, and all year ’round
- Setting Clown Goals
- Prepare yourself and your clown club for more business
- 10 Choices A Clown Regrets
- 5 Questions you should ask yourself before January
- Performers Need Insurance
- Social Media for Your Clown Business
- Expanding Your Market
- Promote yourself and your clown alley
Mooseburger Clown Arts Education has been running one of the world’s most well-rounded clown schools since 1996. Performers from all over the globe travel to Minnesota each summer for a fun and intensive clown training program. Each aspect of our clown camp is designed to meet your needs and boost your confidence as an entertainer.
Whether you want to join the circus, visit nursing homes, run your own birthday party business, paint faces, or twist balloons, there is something just for you at Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp.
Or call me toll-free to discuss your education and see if Mooseburger is the right fit for you: 800-973-6277