Hot Hot Hot!
Yes, summer is here, the hottest time of the year. Yet there are things you can do to keep your make-up looking fresh!
Gene Flaharty, Make-up Artist and Mehron Product Expert, gave us some great tips at Mooseburger Clown Camp this year. You probably are already using Skin Prep Pro (formally known as No Sweat) as a way to seal your pores and prevent sweat. That’s great!
4 ways to make your summer clown face stay fresh in the heat:
- Sponge Skin Prep Pro on your face and let dry. This will prevent sweat from escaping your pores.
- Barrier Spray keeps make-up from clogging pores and soaking into skin.
- Colorset Powder has a finer texture than baby powder. It locks together for a smoother finish. I hate to admit it, but I have made the switch after years of poo-pooing professional powders. I tried it and I can really see the difference. Even if I have to use a powder puff instead of my beloved powder sock!
- Finish with a spritz of Barrier Spray to bring back the color and lock in the finish. This step eliminates the powdery haze. Some folks spray their faces with water. Don’t do that! Barrier Spray is a much better choice and your make-up will last longer.
Important tip: Be sure to keep you eyes closed for 10 seconds after using the spray. This allows the alcohol propellant in the spray to evaporate and not sting your eyes.
Never used a powder puff before?
Don’t worry, we have a video tutorial showing you how easy it is. Julia Bothun and Robert Swanson display the proper way to use Colorset Powder with a puff so you don’t waste too much and get excellent coverage.
Get your supplies at Pricilla Mooseburger Originals!
Using this combination will make your clown make-up last longer throughout the day with greater comfort. Give it a try on your hottest longest day of clowning, and let us know how it works for you. We love to get feedback on our products. Please post a comment below.
Helpful “how-to” makeup clown education articles:
- 4 steps to washing brushes
- When it is time to throw away or replace your makeup
- What’s best? Powder sock VS. powder puff
- How to wash off your makeup properly
- How to set greasepaint with a powder puff and setting powder
- Makeup tip: Pat your eyes again before powdering
- What’s the difference between Clown White and Clown White Lite?
- Don’t let your clown nose glue freeze!
- How to design a Christmas elf face makeup
- 5 things you need to do before the year ends
- How do you keep track of your clown supplies?
- 10 Clown “must have” items
- Forget a clown nose? Make an instant nose tip in 10 seconds!
- Quick reminders on how to spruce up your clown supplies
- It’s time to clean and organize your makeup kit
Liked what you saw here? Sign up for a free subscription to Mooseburger Newz by email:
Mooseburger Clown Arts Education has been running one of the world’s most well-rounded clown schools since 1996. Performers from all over the globe travel to Minnesota each summer for a fun and intensive clown training program. Each aspect of our clown camp is designed to meet your needs and boost your confidence as an entertainer.
Whether you want to join the circus, visit nursing homes, run your own birthday party business, paint faces, or twist balloons, there is something just for you at Mooseburger Clown Arts Camp.
Or call me toll-free to discuss your education and see if Mooseburger is the right fit for you: 800-973-6277